I’d like to share another low-carb recipe that I stumbled on the other day. In an effort to cut back on carbohydrates such as those found in sugary foods, pasta, breads, I’m trying to aim for a low-carb diet that is high in protein and healthy vegetables. Studies show that it can cause weight loss and improve one’s overall health. I’ve tried cauliflower in a few low carb recipes lately. I’ve tried cauliflower mash, riced cauliflower (recipe coming to the blog soon) and now this cheesy and oh so delicious cauliflower casserole with additional vegetables, leeks, carrots and spring onions. It does have a secret ingredient that sets it apart from the rest…..bacon, or leave the bacon out for a vegetarian meal.
Just Like Loaded Baked Potatoes Casserole
- 2 1/2 cups steamed or roasted cauliflower
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat works)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (full-fat works best)
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 1 cup cooked carrots
- 3-6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 deg F.
- Chop cauliflower into small pieces and set aside.
- In a saute pan, saute leeks. Stir in the cauliflower and carrots.
- Mix sour cream, 1/2 of the green onions, 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 of the bacon and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl.
- Place above in a medium baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Broil for a few minutes to crisp up a little, then garnish with green onions.