I have such a weakness for desserts, (I’m sure many of you can attest to that), but when it comes to chocolate, I just swoon and let my inhibitions fly out the window. I could happily eat chocolate every single day, and for that reason alone, I do not keep it in the house. I’ve seen some wonderful chocolate recipes from other bloggers that I bookmark regularly, however when I saw Jhul’s chocolate cake recipe with no eggs and no butter in this rich moist chocolate cake, I was sold. I needed it, and I needed it NOW. I try to save making desserts when we have company or when our girls visit, but this one was going to be MY special treat. I would chop it up and freeze it in little bits and bobs so that I would not feel compelled to eat it in one sitting :). Thanks to Jhuls for this recipe from her blog, do visit her blog, she’s a witty, warm and wonderful person from the Philippines.
Moist Chocolate Cake (No eggs, No butter)
- 1 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I used less)
- 2/3 cup + 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 320 deg F.
- Combine and mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder in large bowl.
- Mix the milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until combined, do not over mix.
- Pour the batter in a greased and floured 8″ round baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool on a cooling rack, dust with icing sugar before serving.
- This can be kept in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.