I just love roasting vegetables, whether Brussels sprouts, carrots, parsnips, peppers, eggplant, okra, you name it, I’ll bake it. A far cry from dull, boring boiled or steamed vegetables, these carrots take it up a notch further. It’s simple, yet so flavorful. The tangy taste of balsamic vinegar, the sweetness of the honey, really makes your mouth pop. I was looking for carrots with the green tops, but couldn’t find it in the market that particular day, so I settled for these multi-colored carrots, the second best in my opinion. When selecting carrots to be roasted, try to find the slim variety, as the chunky sort won’t roast as well, besides they look more elegant and adds to a nice presentation.
Glazed Whole Roasted Carrots
- 1 bunch of carrots (preferably with the green tops on if you can find them)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- a sprig or two of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- fresh parsley
- Scrub the carrots well.
- Drizzle olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing the balsamic vinegar and honey
- Remove the carrots from the oven after 20 minutes and pour on the glaze.
- Mix well and put the tray back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so. Toss it around about half way through.
- Discard the thyme sprigs and serve with chopped fresh parsley.