Berry Pudding Cake is a quick and simple cake that makes delicious use of fresh summer berries. When berries were plentiful in the summertime, I baked this tender cake over sweet berries, creating a juicy, cobbler-like dessert. Raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries were mixed in a light pudding batter and baked.
Berry pudding cake
- Non stick cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk or light evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups assorted fresh berries (such as raspberries, blueberries and sliced strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat six 6-ounce individual ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange in a 15-10×1 inch baking dish filled with water; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla and salt; whisk until light and frothy. Whisk in milk until combined. Add flour and baking powder, whisk again till smooth.
- Divide berries among prepared ramekin dishes. Pour batter over berries (Batter will not cover the berries completely). Bake about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, sift powdered sugar over each serving.