A Happy New Year to all the readers out there. May 2017 be filled with lots of yummy dishes in your kitchen. It was a busy holiday season, so unfortunately my blog took a seat on the back burner so to speak. But I’m back again, ready to share some of my own creations and read a lot of yours.
These ribs were always a great hit at some of our parties. I usually use baby back ribs for this particular recipe. They are hearty, juicy and a great finger food that is sure to get a nod from all your guests. However, I was not shopping for baby back ribs this particular day, but rather thought some country style pork ribs would make a great weekday meal.
Country style ribs
- 1 1/2 lbs baby back or country style ribs
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 pods crushed garlic
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon HP sauce
- 1/4 cup (or more) molasses
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Siracha sauce (optional)
- Place ribs fat side facing down in a pan.
- Add chopped onion and crushed garlic.
- Place in oven for 450 degrees for half an hour.
- In the meantime, mix Ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, HP sauce, Molasses, water, lemon juice, siracha sauce and cilantro in a bowl and mix well.
- After half an hour, lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees, pour the sauce mixture over the ribs and place in the oven for an hour or less. Do not cover.