Remember my last post when I made those yummy chocolate mousse cups with the liquid from a can of chickpeas? Well, I saved the chickpeas and made these vegan, gluten-free and healthy chickpea blondies. You might think I’m switching to a vegan or gluten-free diet? No I’m not, I’m just trying to make some healthy desserts to satisfy my sweet tooth without the loaded calories. I think I can safely say, I succeeded. They are fudgy, chocolatey and oh so moist.
Flourless Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies with Sea Salt
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 8 x 8 in pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a food processor add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth.
- Fold in 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, the batter will be thick.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan, then sprinkle some more chocolate chips on top, the batter may stick to the spatula so spray the spatula before spreading.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone but you don’t want to dry it out.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes on a wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt and cut into 16 squares.
- Feel free to add other ingredients, like dried fruit, nuts etc.