Almond sandwich cookies
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup ground blanched almonds
- 2 1/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- Sift sugar, add to butter and cream.
- Add vanilla and ground almonds.
- Knead flour in by hand or spatula until mixed.
- Chill dough and roll it to thickness of 1/8″.
- Cut into shapes.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Cool on rack.
- Spread a layer of raspberry jam or any jam of your choice on the bottom and sandwich another cookie on top.
- Dust with confectioners sugar. It is particularly good to make a hole on the top of the cookie to have the jam show through.