Crock-pot turkey white bean pumpkin and poblano chili
- cooking spray
- 2 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1tsp chiptole chili powder
- 2 roasted poblano peppers
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 (15 oz cans) white northern or navy beans (I prefer Goya) rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 4.5 oz canned chopped green chile
- 2 cups low sodium, fat free chicken broth
- chopped cilantro and chives for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- low fat sour cream for topping (optional)
- Heat a large heavy saute pan over high heat and lightly spray with oil. Add meat and cook, breaking it up until white, about 5 minutes. Add to crock pot.
- Add oil to the saute pan, then onions, garlic, poblano peppers, sauté about 3 – 4 minutes; add cumin and sauté another minute.
- Add to crock pot. Add beans, pumpkin puree, green chilis, broth, chipotle chili powder, oregano, and bay leaves. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and adjust seasoning to taste before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste.com’s website.