Lemon and Saffron Rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 6 curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 cups basmati rice, washed and drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Bring stock to boil in medium pan, remove from heat, stir in saffron; cover, stand 15 minutes.
- Heat ghee in medium pan; cook onions, garlic, ginger and curry leaves, stirring until onions are browned lightly. Stir in rind and rice.
- Add stock to rice mixture, simmer covered, about 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed. Stir in juice and coriander leaves; let stand, covered for 5 minutes.