Spicy Crock pot Thai chicken with peanut sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs bone-in
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 3/4 cup chunky natural peanut butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon stir-in-paste Lemongrass (available at any grocery store in a tube)
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Arrange chicken breasts in the bottom of a large slow cooker. In a medium bowl, stir together coconut milk, peanut butter, garlic, honey, soy sauce, lime juice, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, lemongrass and red pepper flakes; mix until smooth. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is tender. You may shred the chicken if you wish and add it back in the sauce.
- Serve chicken and sauce over cooked Jasmine rice. Garnish with chopped peanuts, fresh cilantro, and additional red pepper flakes, if desired.