Spinach and Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 kg sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 small fresh green chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- powdered coconut dissolved in water
- 1/2 bunch spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 curry leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon flaked almonds toasted
- Peel and cube sweet potato.
- Heat ghee in large pan; cook onions, stirring, until browned lightly. Add garlic, ginger, chillies and spices; cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Add sweet potato and coconut; simmer covered, about 20-25 minutes or until sweet potato is tender
- Add the spinach and both leaves; simmer until spinach is just wilted. Just before serving sprinkle with nuts.